Providing a phenomenal web user experience is essential to us, and we’re always looking for hardworking front-end web developers to take us to the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on many of our projects with a team of highly skilled front-end experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of web interfaces every single day, and we’d love for this person to help us take us even further. The bulk of the work we do is pure front-end development, but some back-end skills will help you.
We don’t cut corners, and we definitely don’t make compromises—we build beautifully designed web apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
We are remote-only, have no office, and fully embrace a flexible work-life balance. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Translate designs into code.
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Cover your code with tests and perform manual testing of your features.
- Review the work of your colleagues.
- As a true teammate, you continuously improve your team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress.
- Mentor other people, provide feedback, and continuously improve yourself.
We are expecting from you to:
- Have 5+ years of front-end web development experience—preference is given to candidates who have worked on large applications of some scale.
- You have experience with responsive designs.
- Have experience developing within a web framework for backend—Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Consider multiple quality dimensions like user impact, failure tolerance, code maintenance, implementation time, security breaches, and performance.
- Be genuinely interested in technology and love to try new things.
- Tackle complex problems but also consider multiple solutions, weigh them, and decide on the best course of action.
- This person should be passionate about providing and receiving honest but constructive feedback.