Scalable Folder Management for large Nuxt Projects
"Nuxt Areas is a Nuxt module which enables you to group together related content (pages, stores, components, etc) in discrete folders called "areas".
Co-locating files this way has various advantages:
- it's easier to work on a discrete unit of functionality, such as "products" or "users"
- it's easier to understand what the site does as a whole
- it's easier to see how related files work together
- it's less hopping about between multiple branches of the folder tree
- it's easier to find a home for components, classes, or data
- naming is easier and imports are shorter
Nuxt's more "global" concerns such as
static, etc remain in the root, making the overall "shape" of the site more intuitive.
Like Nuxt, Areas builds routes from pages, and registers stores and components. You can even add areas from external sources, providing a no-code way to share or modularise parts of your application."